Saturday, March 6, 2010

addendum to 3/6

You may be wondering, "why is that woman yakking about not using credit cards? I thought she stopped that months ago." Aha.....sad but true.....I did stop and then Christmas came and I lost all of my resolve. :( A trip to fla, presents I could not afford...etc. etc. etc. THEN...the credit card companies did the best favor they could have ever done to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They lowered all my available credit to right over what I owed. I was furious.....NOW I AM REJOICING. I can't use credit....there is only a little bit available and in addition to lowering the available credit, they more than tripled my interest rate. I am NOT rejoicing about that...oh yeah...thanks President O.....you made all of that nonsense possible....but I am DONE with credit cards. Forever and ever...hallelujah, hallelujah...I am trying to do something about that ridiculous rate increase, but the rest of it is good...very, very, good. It is a huge road to pay them off, but I can do it. AND....another provision....I am always worried about being about to fly somewhere on a moments notice....I just unexpectedly earned a free trip on Southwest.....SO............that is there if I need it!!!!!!!!!!! So..............as far as I am concerned...using credit cards is dancing with the devil.....and he will do the leading.....they are enslaving, torturous, and evil (for someone like me). I declare my independence from them. Yes, yes, yes...I wish I had done it years ago, but I didn't and that is that...so I better get over it and get on with it. That's all for now, folks. BTW....I'm going to start up a beginners guitar class for kiddos....probably mondays at church. spread the word.

4 comments:

Robin's Developments said...

Preach it sister. If you don't control them, CCs will control you! Not a good deal. I am praying for you that you are able to keep up the good work, and make provision for things like trips to FL (to see that sweet grandbaby) and Christmas gifts that will come up. I also pray that God will give you favor with the CC company so that they will lower your rate, since that will make paying off easier. Oh, and tell the piano story!!!

Anonymous said...

Call them. I've done that and sometimes it works. They often just slap out the interest rates but hearing a real person calling in can sometimes do the trick. I like the little area on the bill now that tells you if you pay the minimum payment how long it will take to pay it off. I have one that says I will NEVER pay it off:-)

Anonymous said...

BTW-you are inspiring!

Andy and Nancy said...

Amazing how God works isn't it? Even Obama has possibly brought about something that is very good for you in the long run. Andy told me that he racked up a lot of debt when he graduated from college. He quickly saw the light and paid it off. He said he didn't realize how much money he had until he wasn't paying credit card bills!