Monday, May 19, 2008

One of my favorite things....




http://www.anysoldier.com/

This is one of my favorite things....supporting the troops is kind of a passion I guess, but I have gotten so much more back than I could ever give. I'm not talking about tangible stuff, though I have gotten a couple of pretty cool t-shirts. Two of my groups did give me an incredible honor by sending me a flag from their duty posts...one in Afghanistan and one in Iraq. When I received those packages, I looked at the mailing label and thought about the hands that took it to the post office so incredibly far away. I thought about the different stars that they see at night, and the length of time they have been away from their families, and the danger they have been in. I thought about how we will probably never, ever meet...but yet we've had this bond. That feels really good. So...if you feel inclined to help out, check out that link. All sorts of folks to choose from...every branch of service. I promise you will get much more than you give.....

No comments: