Sunday, February 8, 2009

Retreat!?!

Wow.....it was a busy, hectic week at school. I left immediately at 4 and started for OC. Got there ok., and then what to my wondering eyes should appear but bus after bus of teenagers. Lots of teenagers. Lots and LOTs of teenagers....packing the lobby....packing the hallway...packing the elevators. Hmmmmmm. A retreat for a teacher doens't usually include hundreds of kids. I was already edgy...that about pushed me over. Then, I went up to my room...1 bed....supposed to be 2 beds.....but just one. My mood was not improving. No carts for luggage, kids barreling around corners almost crashing into unsuspecting women. Ugh. So....what turned it around? Did something turn it around????? Yup....but it wasn't a something...it was a someone. Such a kind, kind friend who didn't let her stormy roommate cloud up and rain on the parade. A pizza, a coke, some wonderful company at dinner, a baby to snuggle....all I can say is I'm very greatful to such great friends. The rest of the retreat? pretty fun. I really thank Sandy and the other ladies because I know it had to be total H*** getting it all together and then getting there and finding 8,000,000 kids in our hotel. They (the retreat committee) did a wonderful job. Our speaker was good, friends were fun to see....all in all, good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be adding my own retreat version but I'm glad I didn't miss a blessing!

I'm even over my fear of singing with the ladies Sunday morning!

(NO fear doing 1970's dance moves:-)