Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A double edged sword.....

I guess that is pretty much what I use this blog for...fuss, fuss, fuss. HOWEVER....with that being said, here is my latest frustration. Susan Boyle. She does not frustrate me. What frustrates me is the world. Plain and simple. The world. At the moment, she is supposedly suffering from exhaustion and is in a hospital. Well...good....I'm glad she was able to get the care she needed...now, would everybody kindly back off of her? She had enough pressure just with the competition. She had a huge disapointment coming in 2nd. BUT...doesn't anybody else see the double whammy this whole thing must be playing on her brain and spirit????? GOOD GRIEF. The whole thing has been such a huge deal, and why????????? Because everyone is so taken that such a homely woman could have a lovely voice. So, that is just great. Because everytime they are saying, "Oh my gosh, I would never have expected you to have such a beautiful voice"...They are really saying, "Oh my gosh, I would never have expected you to have such a beautiful voice because you are sooooooooooooooooooooooo ugly. " So, every compliment has a dagger in the middle of it. So, to accept the compliments, she is really agreeing with them, by saying, "Yes, isn't it a wonder...how CAN I sing so prettily when I look like THIS?" and she is therefore insulting herself while being complimented. I'm not sure if this makes any sense...maybe you'd have to be unattractive to know what I mean...it is hard to be judged by outward appearances. Now, if people really thought about it, why wouldn't it dawn on them that not every pretty woman has a lovely voice. Some are horrible singers. But noone seems to get all shook up about that. Just this......

No comments: