Sunday, February 7, 2010

My take on it.....

I'm a teacher and of course, summer vacation is very important to me. We have already "lost" one week and it looks as though another is seriously in danger of going "poof" as well. SOOOOO.....this is what I think. The fact that I do battle with my house is not a secret to anyone. Every year when summer hits, I have to tackle it before I can even go away to all of the visits i need to do..... Last year, I purposely scheduled a 6am flight the day after school got out to MAKE myself "get it done" so that I could leave. What I did was sob and curse as I dragged bag after bag and box after box to "stash" them away so I would have some kind of a path for my dog sitters. My dog sitters who did not even want to return after the first week. :( So....I have made little bits of progress over the year, but I will look at this time as a gift when I can get some of this "done" then I will have my "real vacation" time to not have to deal with it. Does that make sense? Will I get it all done? No....Will I make some progress??? ABsolutely. It will be a joy to have my downstairs and my bedroom all set. Not just "stashed and dashed" but squared away like a normal person. That's all for now....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it. We are getting last year's vacation pictures in albums. Sounds easy but there must be 1000 since we are doing them for the kids too:-0 Now, only 26 years more worth of pics to go...