Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Change.....

Life is full of changes...some we expect, some we don't. As I visit with my folks in Michigan, I see changes in the making. My dad is doing sort of ok in his assisted living home, my mom is sort of managing being on her own....my niece and nephew in law face huge unknowns as he battles brain cancer. I wish I had something profound to say about all of this but I don't. What just came to mind was "in all things, give thanks"...as I have tried to share that with my mom...that as difficult as their situation is, it is not unexpected and they have soooo many advantages that many other 87 and 89 year olds simply don't have. We did take my dad out today....his first time in many weeks. We went out to a coney island hotdog place and they had a grand time. They acted like they were out on a date. Very cute. So, it was a good day there. I had planned to go stay at my nieces' today to help her, but her husbands' tests were all moved up and they had to go yesterday. I'm not sure how to give thanks for their situation...I'm just being honest, folks. I can give thanks for good doctors and for the family that is helping them, but the rest is so hard. So, if you are a praying person, please lift Lindsay and Steve up....as Lindsay said, they need all the help they can get. Thanks..............

2 comments:

Sue said...

praying for you!

sixfranks said...

I've been praying all week for you and your family. Will continue to pray for LIndsey and Steve. You are a good daughter and I know it meant a lot to your MOm and Dad for you to be there.