Saturday, October 10, 2009

a song for the day...

OK...by now if you haven't figured it out I am extremely lazy and extremely side track able...i can get off on a tangent as easy as breath. BUT....today I am doing some cleaning and I decided to let myself just be my own happy scattered mess....do a little of this, a little of that...a little of whatever. THis is NOT good practice because you end up getting nothing done, but i think it will be ok today. NOW...in this cleaning, I made a discovery...well, actually, not a discovery, but I decided to do something about a problem. Many people worry about dust bunnies under their beds? That doesn't even cross my radar. MY problem is the dust bunnies on my ceiling!!!!! Yes, it's true. I have one of those icky popcorn finish ceilings and well...let me put it this way....one really doesn't need to go to the Carlsbad caverns to see stalagtites and stalagmites, cause, baby, I've got 'em here. So they inspired a bit of a song....just imagine a country tune.....

Dust bunnies on the ceiling, ai'nt no problem for me at all....
Dust bunnies on the ceiling, ya really can't see them if you're small
Dust bunnies on the ceiling make me wonder every day....
How'd they ever get up there, what will make them go away....

Oh dust bunnies on the ceiling.....they make it look like the paint is peeling...
but if you consider them a work of art....you'll accept they never will depart.....


Not my best effort, but mildly amusing.

3 comments:

ramblin-thoughts said...

yeah, but I'll bet Jennifer Nettles or Taylor Swift or one of those country cuties could make that a hit!

my word verification is sporsly... THAT's not on the ceiling is it?

ha ha
Wendy

Anonymous said...

I think you could sell it to the Swifter company and they could use it in their ads:-)

Andy and Nancy said...

If you need more inspiration, come to my house to see the ones I have! Ceiling fans are great for collecting them too. The fan looks fine until you turn it off!