Tuesday, October 20, 2009

On the road....

I am currently in the Charlotte NC airport and I even managed to score one of the rocking chairs near an outlet. I have 2 hours+ before my flight to JAX. I left Michigan this morning. Soo, the celebration of life service was yesterday. It was not a traditional service in the way we might have expected, but it was as Steve had requested. It was not without sadness of course....but my niece did an amazing job continually focusing things on happy memories. It was a day with some challenges. I had offered to organize and prepare etc. the food for the reception afterward and thankfully another lady was involved too. It was a lot of work , but I'm very glad I did it. Today I'm tired and I really wonder if my feet have it in them to walk all the way down to concourse b to Bo'Jangles chicken. :) My favorite thing at the charlotte airport. I don't know...I think the rocking chair might win out. I did see some noteworthy things on this first half of my trip. Michigan is in the midst of a beautiful fall. The trees are SO much prettier there than in Salisbury. It was crisp and beautiful. I saw a house made out of stone. Very interesting...round stones.....an old house made out of old stones. I saw deer eating apples in my mom's backyard. I saw me running through the Philly airport to make my flight. Yes, I did make it with about 1 minute to spare. I saw balloons being released in honor of my nephew in law. I saw my brother and his family rally around my niece in a wonderful fashion. Things I always wonder about when I travel. Do people REALLY want to share their phone conversations with me????? I'd be just as happy without that honor. Why do roller bags ALWAYS tip over backwards? WOuld it have been rude to have told the annoyingly perky flight attendant, that she was in fact ANNOYINGLY PERKY? (I did not. ) Have you ever noticed that when you travel, either all people look completely unfamiliar, or they all look like you know them from somewhere. I wonder WHY the lady I just saw, was pushing an empty baby stroller and was wearing black pants that looked like a wet suit...or perhaps liquid rubber, sprayed on. Whatever...I don't know where the baby went AND the rubber pants look on the mom was definately not a good look. I think I could make a career out of this. Sitting in the airport writing random things about people who walk by. Could be a market for it....as long I was didn't sucumb to total rudeness which is alway possible. Ok...that's it....ttyl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a very picturesque post. I miss the colorful leaves of NY(but not the cold); Was the house made of cobblestones(just read an article on this); My bag used to tip over till I learned to balance a heavy purse on top;I never get a "perky" flight attendant-I always get the "happy male" kind:-]
Been praying for your niece, your brother and wife, and YOU.