Thursday, June 5, 2008

Anysoldier update...


Have you ever gotten a letter from far away that didn't even need a stamp?? Military stationed in a "war zone" can send letters for free! They just write "free mail" where the stamp goes and it starts it's journey across the sea. The first time I got one of these letters, I just stared at it...it had come such a long way! Anyway, I got one of those very special letters and it absolutely made my day. I had sent some greeting cards (for the troops to send to families) and a DVD that my kids at school had put together. I am always seriously touched when someone who is in such a difficult position takes time to write to ME and thanks ME for what I've done. I think they've got it just a bit backwards! This very kind LTC told me that we had brightened their days and that I was to tell the kids their production beat Radio City Music Hall any day. How sweet was that? God bless them and protect them.......

No comments: