Monday, June 9, 2008

Jam Packed Worship!

Yesterday was one of the best worship experiences we've had for awhile. It was jam packed with special events and each one seemed designed to go with the others. Admittedly, I was about ready to throw up by the time the service began because there was much chaos in the planning or lack there of by certain parties...you know, it was probably more of a lack of communication than planning...however, the results were the same...but once things started, it was grand. The choir sounded beautiful, Jimmy did a great job with praise, we had a commissioning service for our mission's team and then a baptism. I so appreciated what the minister had to say prior to the baptism...his words about Lydia were perfect. I am a firm believer in if an elephant is in the room, introduce him, and he did...in a loving, honest, supportive way. His sermon about the prodigal was very good. After the main service, we had the meeting and then the dedication of the farmhouse addition...THEN a lunch! WOW....I was busy running around offering key tabs for donations for the mission's team and missed the food. HOWEVER...my friend showed up unexpectedly and off we went to lunch. The best of everything. A grand Sunday.

1 comment:

Andy and Nancy said...

I agree wholeheartedly about the baptism. I thought he did a wonderful job with that.