Wednesday, September 23, 2009

:)

First happy thing: Got to meet my little friend today at school. Can't tell you a lot on here, but the bottom line is her mom is serving in a far away very dangerous place. This little girl is new to our school and told her dad she wanted to learn to play guitar. He contacted me. I didn't really have anyone I could suggest he go to for lessons, and then...duh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could take part of my planning time here and meet with her here!!!! So we did. It was dandy. We played some guitar...her mom plays guitar she told me....we talked about dogs and brothers and visits to Maine. It was the best 1/2 hour I've spent at school in a long, long time. She is soooo quiet and I can't tell you what it was worth to see her smile. We will meet every few days. A good start. BTW...thanks for the suggestion, Lord. ALL good things come from You.