Sunday, September 6, 2009

sunday choices....

ok, ok...I know EVERYONE is waiting on the edge of their chairs to see what I fed Jenny and her friend yesterday. I think you would have been amazed...chicken breasts cooked with shake and bake (I know, I know...but I LOVE shake and bake), I found I had some new potatoes in the bin, a can of whole cranberries, cornbread mix and green beans. Howz that???????????????????? All was in my house, the chicken had been purchased with Friday's five dollars. So their dinner was great. I did not serve them dessert because they were on their way to visit a couple of other people and I figured somebody else could feed them dessert. :) BUT....... Now....the next part.....I did make the dessert to take to my friends...a blueberry crumble using things from my house...HOWEVER...I must confess a failure. Jenny got here several hours later than she had told me and I did NOT have the time to go to coldstone and get the ice cream. :( :(...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M SO SORRY...but i had to have Jenny pick up a half gallon of ice cream for me to take. :( :( Could I like sell somebody my coldstone giftcard and pretend like the ice cream had really come from there????? AND THE KICKER????? errrrrrrgh....I got to the house of my friend and there was ice cream already in the freezer. BOO HISS....I didn't even NEED to get it. :( phooey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinner sounds delicious! I'm proud that you pulled that off. I always chicken out(no pun) and run to the store. So often these days the kids back out and I'm left with a ton of food for just Bill and I to consume.
Word on the ice cream: that's the way the cookie crumbles:-)