Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday....progress....

Ok....so, I kind of like the idea of an "easily correctable". It makes me laugh. ANyway, I now have a beautiful mum in the wooden bucket that had formerly been a recepticle for weeks, paint cans and generic trash. It looks really nice. I even had to peek out at it last night before I went to bed...doesn't take much. :) AND I plugged up 3 money sucking holes...continuing charges on my cc's that were out dated/not used/stupid/ unrealistic etc. The total coming to.......$66.09. This was money that was being spent...going on charge cards for NOTHING. So...onward....I have more looking to do. That was only 2 cards worth. I bet there is more to find. I have taken the advice of a couple of friends and eased up a little bit in a couple of areas. And...as soon as I figure out how much I actually am bringing home each month, I like the idea of the envelope system. Then it is possible to make little purchases like an occasional book or something for Logan or the secret shop or whatever. If the money is designated in an envelope, it is ok to make that expenditure. I think that will be good. Time to go get ready for my teaching day. Got to school to find I had been booted out of my classroom.....surprise. After my inital fury, (and finding out it is just temporary) I"m fine. Would have been nice to have been given a heads up...but hey.... Got to go get some things squared away.

2 comments:

Andy and Nancy said...

The envelope system is wonderful! Then you don't have to feel guilty about spending money on entertainment. God doesn't expect us to live like Monks. It is wonderful seeing you make such wonderful discoveries, not only about "things" but yourself along the way!

cindy said...

we've done the envelope--for many years we did that--it was a help to see the tangible cash that could be used or saved to add to the next month!!