Friday, September 4, 2009

sept. 4th...

Just had to write this....it's about noticing the little things that make me smile as I'm doing this crazy money moratorium. Ok...I already said last night I had the $5 in my wallet and I was going to see how far I could stretch it for groceries. Then, this morning, I had a dilemna....today is a casual day at school and that means making a donation. Well...that's not really a problem...i'd just not dress casual. HOWEVER...the casual day today is for one of our families who had a house fire. That's different. So....I was pondering how to do this. I could use my $5 for that, or I could write a check which I didn't want to do...I could get cash from the ATM which I REALLY didn't want to do. I went to get dressed and after putting on my jeans, I felt something in the pocket...guess what it was? A $5 bill! How very funny is that??? So, I had my $5 for the donation at work, AND still my $5 for groceries. Doesn't God just crack you up??????????

3 comments:

faith said...

That is awesome!! I love reading your blog about this adventure you are on. It is a lot of fun.

sixfranks said...

I remember my first year of teaching school and I had 1 hot dog in the freezer on the night before pay day. Hmmmm! It does make life interesting. Let me know how it works out. My hat is off to you! You're quite the trooper! Go Mae!

Sue said...

You go, girl! I love it; this is how I always think we should all be living...God, get me out of my lazy, slovenly habits! I am soooooooo proud of you and soooo thankful you are my friend!