Friday, August 21, 2009

8/21 2nd post Mixed Bag...

I mean that literally and figuratively...I was working in Matt's room today which has basically been the dumping ground for everything for a long time. You know, some people spend thousands of dollars to go scuba diving to look for treasure...some go panning for gold....some follow old treasure maps. Phooey. I have them all beat. All I have to do is go into one of several rooms in my house and the hunt is ON. You know, the discovery channel is truly missing a bet to not be in on this. Some of the "treasures" i found this morning, include: a four ft tall snowman wearing a jester hat, 3 hammers...not one, not 2, but three. Old dog poop....a little reminder from the now deceased Sam, a whole tub full of brand new christmas items that I must have bought to send to any soldier...other various brand new gifts...i won't have to worry about christmas shopping for my children this year. I can just give them all the presents they never used from past years...a tad frustrating. I found some brand new hand towels...very nice...a myriad of sheets and comforters...how many is one supposed to keep???????? Several christmas stockings, a drill and various other "bits and piecets" (that's a joke...get it????) bits??? drill bits?????????? And you know what else???? That was all within the first 5 feet of the door...oh yes, how could I forget this??? 5 bags of already bagged trash. Silly me, I thought trash would have gone OUTSIDE to the trashcan...not inside to Matt's room. Well, I am going back in. If you don't hear from me...send help.

No comments: