Monday, August 17, 2009

Staring the enemy in the face.....8/17

Well, the enemy and i met face to face....I'm still reeling. What enemy you may ask? Yarn. Lots of yarn. Yarn, yarn and more yarn. All I can say is this...no one in the western world will ever need to be cold if I start knitting now and don't stop for the next 50 years. Why am I sorting out yarn when I"m supposed to be cleaning out my closet? Because they are one in the same. The yarn was IN the closet in 3 sets of those plastic drawers. 3 sets. I guess there is some good news...I will NOT need to buy a baby shower present for a long, long, long, long time. I will be personally responsible for keeping the ears warm of all of the current PPC babies and all of the babies to be. I know, that is a little bit funny, but the truth is, I'm upset. It's not the yarn itself that is upsetting....most of it is very nice yarn....some is kind of ugly, but I suppose someone would like it...anyway....it is the amount of yarn that is upsetting. Why do I have sooooo much??????????????? I have barely knitted anything in the past couple of years. Granted, I was in a scarf mode 2 or 3 years ago, but I probably made 50 or 60 scarves then. (honest) and I have this much left???????????????????? It is upsetting. Very upsetting.

1 comment:

Robin's Developments said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! I was crying by the end- in a good way. I am soooooo proud of you my sweet sister! You are so much more awesome than you think you are, and God is giving you so much good to think about. You could always try knitting a blanket or two- that would use up more yarn than hats! My craft stuff always seems to pile up, too!