Wednesday, August 26, 2009

day 26

hrrruuumph....i don't like this money moratorium anymore. It is making me TIRED out. WHy????? Because it makes things harder. Do I feel like making my lunch in the morning??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I want to stop for a coffee after school before working out???? YES, I DID WANT TO GET COFFEE, BUT I DIDN'T......did i have to get stupid gas on my way to school this morning and I couldn't get a coffee too???? CORRECT. THis is breaking all of my previous rules...1st was monday. It was a rainy day, right?? EVERYBODY knows about the "It's a rainy day so it's fine to buy a coffee on the way to work" rule, don't they???? I mean, it's very obvious. AND THEN....there was the tuesday rule...."I HAVE TO TAKE COFFEE BECAUSE I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH 7 HOURS OF MEETINGS" I don't think I even have to explain that one. And then there was "It's a total pain to have to stop and get gas, so a cup of coffee will make it all better" rule that I had to break today. 3 very important coffee rules...ALL OF WHICH HAD TO BE IGNORED BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID MONEY MORATORIUM. Next...it was the, "NO time to eat inbetween school, a meeting at salvation army, shopping for a shower present, goint to a mission's meeting and a bridal shower" Don't we think it really would have been just dandy to stop for a quick bite from Wendy's or SOMEWHERE????????????????????????????? Well, I didn't. After all, there is a money moratorium on....so, I ate 3 soggy graham crackers at church. (plus a piece of cake...:) poor, poor, POOR me. You want to know what else is harder????? School is harder. My room is UGLY and I want some perky things to perk it up. I want to go to Hancocks and buy fabric and ric rack.....but oh no......there is a money moratorium on, so I have to figure something else out. If I'm this grumpy BEFORE school starts, I think you better just plan on skipping reading next weeks' blogs entirely. OK...a couple of clarifications needed...Yes, the money moratorium is on...however, I still bought a shower present. I still did a lunch out with two teachers in between the stupid meetings. Since I'm the mentor of one and just a "respected older teacher" to the other, it was business. So...you might think I'm welching, but I'm not. You have NO idea of all the money I haven't spent. I'm going to bed. Sleep is FREE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate. Every time Bill and I have instituted a budget something has happened-like Christmas...or a big, long planned vacation. You are doing WAY better than us! Press on!

Thai Kitchen makes these very nice, tummy-filling rice Asian noodle bowls that you can grab from the pantry and heat in a microwave in the teacher's lounge...

Andy and Nancy said...

Andy and I RARELY buy coffee out unless we're traveling, but I always take coffee to work. I make it the night before and put it in my big travel mug. A coffee maker with a timer is a good investment if you don't already have one. Bill and I were so poor...or at least school tuition poor..so I ALWAYS cooked from scratch. As a single, make casseroles, soups etc. that you can freeze the leftovers in single serving containers. Never cook just one meal at a time. The big containers of Spring mix at Sam's last longer and are way cheaper than bagged salad mix. I figured out that even if I throw away 1/2 of the container I'm still ahead of the price of the bags. Sliced chicken breast on a salad along with other salad goodies makes a great dinner! It always takes about two months for your brain to change it's way of thinking. In the mean time, it's going to fight you like a rebellious teen. Just keep saying "no!"