Saturday, August 29, 2009

battle of the day...day 29

ok...this is important...I'm not 100% against spending....I mean I have had a couple of situations where I truly needed to make a purchase..ie...the shower present I purchased & the housewarming present. Sometimes, it is ok to draw upon what one has at home, at other times, well....this is not about being tacky....it is about being reasonable and planned with what is spent. NOW....the main rule as I see it, is.......do I have something that I can use (for me or my house) without buying new? In the case of clothing, yes, yes, 100% yes. Jewelry...well, that is a little sketchy...I lose a LOT of earrings. Anyway...all that is neither here nor there. The issue for the day is my watch. My beloved, sparkly, looks like diamonds and pearls and cost $4.99 watch. I'm serious....$4.99. I've worn that watch for 2 years....well close..it wasn't exactly that watch...it was 4 of it's look alikes...for $4.99 I bought several. I loved that watch...it was kind of my trademark at school. And the last one broke yesterday. VERY SAD. So...what to do.......well, I think watches are important....they have to be readable for those of us with 55 year old eyes...they have to be comfortable for those of us who play a lot of guitar and conduct....I could go out looking today...and I may actually have to...but instead, i will look first in my house...and see if MAYBE there isn't something I had forgotten about or maybe just something. I know you probably cannot believe I am writing about this, but it is important. I have to look within, FIRST. Ok...more later.

No comments: