Tuesday, August 11, 2009

trip so far...8/11

Well, I know everyone is waiting to see how I made out in the backrow of the plane and on the bus. All is well. I continue to see provisions for which I am very greatful...I was in the backrow, but at the last minute the person next to me moved so at least I had 2 seats in the back row. I slept the whole way. No barfing. I got to PHilly....had a 3 hour layover....then I saw not only did I have a 3 hour layover, but my flight was going to be delayed. Now, remember, I did have a bus to catch...There was an earlier flight, that was just starting to load, but they said they were full. I didn't want to pay a change fee anyway..so i asked if i could hang around and see if there was a no show... There was! I got the last seat on the plane and I didn't have to pay a change fee!!!! Wahoo.....got into dtw...found the bus stop ok., but it was LATE. boo hoo. (I had changed my reservation for that too) HOWEVER.....I had the NICEST time visiting with a young man from Sweden who was born in East Germany. It was great....absolutely great.....he was delightful....so that made the bus wait tolerable. The rest of the day has been ok....I was able to get on the internet at my dad's assisted living and get Christy on skype sooooooooooo my parent's were able to see Logan for the first time. It was pretty neat. My dad was actually able to follow along and really understand who he was seeing and how amazing it was. A good day....a little warm for MI but looking at your temps in MD., I think we are doing ok. ps....I've sold $110 worth of stuff on ebay in the past 11 days. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is amazing! I love that HE is the God of Details!
(Hmm. Staring a little side business...selling items on ebay for friends at a little commission)?

faith said...

Wow. That is a nice bit of money on ebay. I wonder if I have anything to sell...

And these stories are so interesting. I love that you are blogging about this.

Jeanne said...

Those packages will be in the mail by noon today! It works out PERFECTLY as we have been putting together a little package for Kolya's family :)

I think the Oliver and Remy miss you as they keep looking over at the door like you're going to walk in :)

They are hilarious when they finally leave me alone, lol, and realize it's much more fun to play with each other!

They didn't even wake up at 2:45am when Kolya called me to come pick him up!

I just 'found' your blog again and it's so fun to read about your August challenge!

Praying for you this week!

sixfranks said...

Am praying for you this week and for all the details in it! Hang in there and enjoy your mom and dad. Isn't technology wonderful! That's so great that they got to see Logan!