Sunday, August 9, 2009

9th day....

The comments you guys are making are so funny.....ok...here is the latest...day 9 with no money spent except I did give the kid the loan.Big sigh (Oh and some gas for my car....but that was an approved expenditure) Now...I have not even been to the grocery store since this began. How about that? I have searched out the depths of my freezer and cupboard and had great meals...I actually cooked this week. Kind of a miracle right there, folks. So...now....this is a week where I have to really look at things as I'm going to Michigan. I don't know quite what to do about several issues. I'll ask God and see if He will present some guidance for me. The problem is.....I don't want to break the spending moratorium...but I'm going to have to since I'll be with my mom and I'll have to share some of the expenses. I will keep to my decisions about no funny expenditures....like clothes, stuff, ebay, etc. etc. etc. We'll see how this plays out. OH....ok...this will be a first. I usually rent a car when I go.....I USUALLY get really good prices....really good...like less than $20 a day. Ok...so the LOWEST....the very lowest i could get was $39 a day. That plus taxes equals over $200 for 4 days. Ridiculous. So...what to do? I refuse to let my mom come in and pick me up...so....I GUESS I will try the MichiganFlyer shuttle bus. It's only $40 roundtrip.....I don't know...I HATE busses....but this looks pretty good....even wifi on the bus....HOW DO THEY DO THAT? SO....I'm trying to summon it up and convice myself I can do this. I guess the thing I'm really worried about is what if my plane is late, late, late? After all, I AM going through Philly. :) We'll see.....stay tuned.

1 comment:

Andy and Nancy said...

If the shuttle bus is anything like the one that takes Andy to BWI from here, it's pretty good. For this one you make reservations so they know when you're flight is arriving and know if you're going to be late. He likes it! Definitely much cheaper than renting!